1. Impact of Storm Water Runoff on Tree Roots, Physiology and Rhizosphere Microbial Diversity in Urban Forests. Sougata Bardhan, University of Missouri. Grant Award $10,000.
2. Determining Influences of Stream Channelization and Invasive Species on Rate of Canopy Tree Growth in an Urban Park. Travis Marsico, Arkansas State University. Grant Award $6,284.
1. Effects of Root Severance by Excavation on Growth, Physiology and Up Rooting Resistance of Two Urban Tree Specie. Alessio Fini, University of Florence, Italy. Grant Award $10,000.
1. A Novel Way of Measuring Tree Vitality in Mature Urban Trees. Denise Johnstone, University of Melbourne, Australia. Grant Awarded $8,600.
2. Strategies to Resolve Conflicts Between Trees and New Low Impact Development Stormwater Best Management Practices. Susan Day, Virginia Polytechnic Institute, Blacksbury VA. Grant Awarded $10,000.
Jack Kimmel Past Recipients (Int'i)